Dietitian (APD) & Accredited Sports Dietitian B.Nutr&Diet, BArts&Sci (Crim,Pysch)
Endurance Sports; Marathon; Ultra Marathon; Marathon Swimming; Multi Sports; Triathlon, Ironman; Weight Classed Sports; Light Weight Rowing, Martial Arts; Eating Disorders; Athletes with Eating Disorders; Athletes with Food Intolerances and Sensitivities including Fructose Malabsorption, Lactose Intolerance, IBS, Non- Diet Approach
– Associated Sports Dietitian – Melbourne Triathlon Club, (2014-Present)
– Performance Dietitian – National Institute Circus Arts (2010-Present)
– Performance Dietitian – Victorian Collage of Arts, (2014-Present)
– Senior Sports Dietitian – Werribee Tigers Football Club (AFL), (2014-2016)
– Sports Dietitian – Geelong Cats Football Club (AFL), (2013-2014)
– Associated Sports Dietitian – Tribal Triathlon Club, (2008-2012)
– Sports Dietitian to Development Team – Tennis Australia, (2012)
– Sports Dietitian – Coburg Lions Football Club (VFL), (2011)
– Dietitian’s Assistant – St Kilda Football Club, (2008)
Katherine Shone holds a Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics, as well as additional qualifications in diabetes prevention and advanced behaviour change skills. Her passion for sports nutrition stems from her personal involvement in endurance events, including ultra-marathons and Ironman. Her interest in food for optimal health evolved after being diagnosed with a food intolerance, which has led to a special interest in the role that food has in managing conditions such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Since she began private practice, Katherine has worked with athletes across a range of disciplines, including acrobats, jockeys, marathoners, soccer players and swimmers. In addition, she also has a special interest in helping people to improve their relationship with food, assisting patients to reach their most healthy weight without feeling deprived or losing quality of life.
Katherine believes wholeheartedly that food is medicine, and that with every mouthful, people can perform at their best. She has a serious passion for cooking, eating, and sport, and her goal is to help all of her patients get the same enjoyment and optimal performance from food as she does.
As a dietitian, she has been extensively trained in giving practical advice on food and nutrition to help her patients improve their health, to make sure that eating is enjoyable, fulfilling and stress free.