TITLED APA SPORTS PHYSIOTHERAPIST
Master of Physiotherapy, Post Grad Cert. BPhty, BSC
MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS
– Australian Physiotherapy Association
– Sports Medicine Australia
– Research Assistant at La Trobe Sport & Exercise Medicine Research Centre
– Sports injury management
– Movement assessment and retraining
– Crossfit athlete screening assessment and injury management
– Running analysis and biomechanical assessment
– Elite athlete management
– Load monitoring
– Evidence based diagnosis and education
– Exercise based rehabilitation
– Marathons including: Gold Coast, Dunedin, NZ and Auckland NZ
– Cross-fit open competitor 2016,2017,2018
Kylie’s personal sporting history in running and cross-fit combined with years of experience as a sports physiotherapist, underpins her understanding to not only her own health and wellbeing, but those of ambitious athletes with specific sporting aspirations.
Understanding the sport of cross-fit individualises Kylie’s skills as a sports physiotherapist. This unique experience has led her to work with regional level athletes.
Running is another passion and special interest of Kylie’s. Her achievements in this field has included completing Marathons in both New Zealand and Australia as well as several half marathons and 10km distances. Working with runners to achieve optional strength and performance has led her to helping several runners overcome injury and go onto perform at an elite level.
Motivation and a passionate commitment to physiotherapy, Kylie believes in a holistic approach to health and wellness. She prides herself on working within an integrative health approach to help athletes achieve their goals, whatever they may be.