EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGIST & REMEDIAL MASSAGE
Bachelor of Exercise Physiology and Rehabilitation, Diploma of Remedial Massage Therapy
• Bachelor of Exercise Physiology and Rehabilitation
• Bachelor of Applied Coaching and Exercise Science
• Diploma of Remedial Massage Therapy
• ASCA level 1 strength and conditioning coach
• Level 1 Sports trainer
• Myofascial Dry Needling course for Soft tissue Therapists
Trigger Point Therapy, Sports massage, Deep tissue massage, Dry-needling, Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF) stretching and Relaxation massage, elite athletes, musculoskeletal injuries and rehabilitation, Hockey, basketball, football, rugby league, cricket
MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS
• Australian Association of Massage Therapist (AAMT)
• ESSA member – Accredited Exercise Physiologist and Accredited Exercise Scientist
• Australian Strength and Conditioning Association (ASCA) member
• Sports Medicine Australia
• AIS and ACTAS – 2009 – 2015
• Canberra Brumbies – 2014
• ACT Boxing Team – 2015 – 2016
Nicholas holds accreditations in both Exercise Physiology and Remedial Massage, and is passionate about the combination of the two disciplines, to develop a holistic approach to musculoskeletal concerns, enabling his patients to achieve a functionally strong and healthy body.
His interest in injury treatment and rehabilitation began in his teenage years, where he played a variety of sports and suffered from injuries that led him to numerous different treatment types to keep him playing. This sparked his interest in anatomy and physiology, leading to him undertaking his studies in the area.
His main area of interest is in elite athletes, musculoskeletal injuries and rehabilitation, where he combines exercise physiology into his skill set as a remedial masseuse in order to provide a comprehensive and progressive approach to his patient’s individual needs.
Within his massage treatments, Nicholas utilises a range of techniques including trigger point therapy, sports massage, dry-needling, stretching and relaxation massage. He endeavours to provide assistance wherever he can to aid his patients to reach their goals through both movement and massage.