DIETITIAN & NUTRITIONIST
Bachelor of Nutrition & Dietetics, International Olympic Committee Diploma in Sports Nutrition
– International Olympic Committee Diploma in Sports Nutrition
– Bachelor of Nutrition & Dietetics – Flinders University
– Bachelor of Nutrition Honours Degree – commencing 2018
– ISAK accredited Level One Anthropometrist
Endurance Sports; Ultra Trail Running; Ultra Marathons; Marathons; Running; Multi-stage and day Endurance Events; Track and Field; Triathlon, Ironman, Ultraman; Cycling; Adventure Racing; Swimming; Athletes with Food Intolerances and Sensitivities including FODMAPs, Fructose Malabsorption, Lactose Intolerance, IBS; Multi Sports; Car Racing; Team Sports including Cricket; Football (soccer); Netball and Basketball
– Sports Dietitians Australia
– Dietitian’s Association of Australia
– International Society for the Advancement of Kinanthropometry
– Private practice – working with athletes including Olympians (swimming, hockey, paralympics), elite level ultra trail runners, triathletes from sprint distance to Ironman including pro-triathletes, professional boxers, V8 and Formula 4 motor racing, adventure racing, football (soccer)
– Consultant Dietitian for South Australia Cricket Association, men’s and women’s teams (2013-2014)
– External Service Provider for South Australia Sports Institute (2014-2017)
– State co-ordinator of Sports Dietitians South Australia (2013-15)
– Co-author in a chapter on gastrointestinal issues in Clinical Sports Nutrition, a very well respected and internationally known book
– Written for sports magazines including Runner’s World, Men’s Fitness, Australian Triathlete Magazine, Trail Run in the area of sports nutrition and regarding her achievements in ultra trail running
– Presented to dietitians in Australia and New Zealand relating to endurance nutrition and gastrointestinal symptoms
– Invited speaker to the nutrition department at the Australian Institute of Sports and to High Performance Sport New Zealand
– Developed a low FODMAP cookbook for individuals with GI symptoms/food intolerance
– Developed portion plates to help with healthy nutrition practices
Steph is a Melbourne based Accredited Practicing Dietitian and Nutritionist, Advanced Accredited Sports Dietitian and Sports Dietetic Researcher. Steph completed her Bachelor of Nutrition & Dietetics at Flinders University in South Australia, and has over a decade of experience working with athletes from recreational to Olympic Level, professional teams such as South Australia Cricket Redbacks and Scorpions, pro triathletes, elite ultra trial runners, elite cyclists and has been a service provider to the South Australian Sports Insitute (SASI).
Steph is currently researching into gastrointestinal issues in endurance athletes. This has been an interest area for Stephanie for many years, partly because of her background in competitive endurance sport and having gastrointestinal issues herself.
An accomplished distance runner in her own right, Stephanie has a number of top results in several single and multi-stage events. She loves the outdoors, we know if we can’t find Steph in clinic she is out running in the Dandenongs and likely getting herself lost (not the best with orientation). A professional service and advice aimed to helping you achieve your nutrition goals is what can be expected when receiving dietary advice from Stephanie.
Over the year Steph has always given back to the community. Having supported South Australia Cancer Council, Starlight Foundation, Crohn’s and Colitis Association fundraising events and information nights, Coeliac Society of South Australia, local sporting clubs and Mercer SuperCycle supporting The Hospital Research Foundation who raise funds to build family-style accommodation in Adelaide for country cancer patients as part of project called Under Our Roof.