Beyond Diets Program
[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=”]
Beyond Diets is an 8 week program that is designed to help adult men and women who are experiencing few, or many, of a wide range of body image and eating behaviour concerns.
Beyond Diets aims to meet the needs of adult men and women who:
- Find themselves constantly dieting, doing excessive exercise or fasting
- Feel guilty when they are not dieting, exercising or fasting
- Worry about binge eating and/or emotional eating behaviours
- Experience concerns and feel anxious about their body size, shape and weight
- Feel distressed and/or anxious about the extent to which body shape, weight and food dominates their lives
The program will help to reduce body image concerns, assist individuals to move beyond the yo-yo dieting, and to put anxieties about weight and shape into manageable perspective. Early intervention and seeking help when experiencing initial signs of body dissatisfaction and unhealthy eating behaviours can prevent more severe problems from developing at a late time, so joining a Beyond Diets group is an important commitment.
Being involved in the Beyond Diets group offers participants a wonderful opportunity to make positive changes to the way they feel about themselves and their eating behaviours.
Some of the key features of the program include;
- A group environment where participants receive support from others who have similar experiences
- Provide a safe place to talk
- Weekly meetings to keep people stay on track
- Strategies to empower participants to regain control and make positive changes
If you, or someone you know, might benefit from joining the group please contact Katherine at [email protected]
The next program will start in September 2016, please register interest for this or future programs by contacting the SYSSM Team on (03) 9826 2122