Health and Wellness
– March 2015 –
[av_hr class=’default’ height=’50’ shadow=’no-shadow’ position=’center’ custom_border=’av-border-thin’ custom_width=’50px’ custom_border_color=” custom_margin_top=’30px’ custom_margin_bottom=’30px’ icon_select=’yes’ custom_icon_color=” icon=’ue808′ font=’entypo-fontello’]
Top 10 Tips For Optimal Health and Wellness for a Healthy You
The choices that we make each and every day have a significant impact on our health and wellness. Ultimately, we are responsible for improving our own wellbeing and it is up to us to make sure that we’re doing everything we can to live a healthy lifestyle.
A lot of the most common health problems can all be prevented by choosing a healthy lifestyle. In fact, research shows approximately 70% of chronic health conditions are caused by lifestyle/behavior and therefore amenable to preventative strategies. Poor nutrition, inactivity, smoking and stress are the major drivers of our health care.
So, let’s go over our Top Health and Wellness Tips to make sure you’re living the healthiest lifestyle possible.
Here are 10 of the best ways to promote health and wellness in your life:
- Have a healthy diet – The food you put into your body is a huge part of your health and wellness. Having a balanced, healthy diet can help to improve your mood, increase your energy levels, help you to lose weight and can help you to live longer. So make sure that you have a healthy diet and if you need help, seek out a professional to help you make the right food choices for you and your lifestyle.
- Make sure you exercise regularly – It’s important that you make sure that you move regularly and exercise daily to improve your physical fitness. It is great for your health and wellness and is great for stress relief as well. There are a lot of activities which can be undertaken to improve physical fitness, such as Personal Training, Pilates classes or even walking challenges. For those wanting to chase more challenging pursuits, try running marathons or triathlons – a high level of training is required for these types of activities, so professional advice is important.
- Watch your weight. Being overweight can significantly impede your overall health and wellness and can increase your chances of common diseases. It also puts excess strain on your joints. Make sure that you’re always aware of your weight and making sure you’re in the healthy weight range. This doesn’t mean focusing on the scales, it means ensuring that you’re getting active and making the right choices when it comes to your diet.
- Limit your alcohol consumption – Drinking too much alcohol is a sure way to interfere with a healthy lifestyle. Excessive alcohol can cause liver damage and can lead to a lot of other health issues, so be sure to only drink in moderation, or not at all.
- Don’t smoke – Smoking is one of the worst things you can do to your body. Smoking causes emphysema, cancer and heart disease and is one of the largest preventable causes of death and disease in Australia. If you really want to live a healthy life, then don’t even think about picking up a cigarette.
- Get enough sleep – Sleep is absolutely essential for a person’s health and wellbeing, yet a lot of people do not get enough sleep and it can severely impact on your health. It widely recommended that most people need about 6 to 8 hours of sleep per night of quality sleep, so make sure that you’re getting enough sleep.
- See a doctor regularly – One of the best ways to stay healthy is to get regular checkups with the doctor. Seeing a doctor regularly helps to identify risk factors and find problems before they become serious.
- Improve your knowledge – It’s important that you get educated and take an active role in your own health care.
- Be social and build connections with people around you. As humans, we are social beings and we thrive in a social environment. Social wellness is the ability to build personal connections with others, deal with conflict and be part of a positive social network and is incredibly important to your overall health and wellness. So ensure that you nurture the relationships which mean the most to you in your life and invest in their longevity.
- Don’t neglect your emotional health – The power of the mind is an incredible thing. Emotional wellness is having a positive attitude, high self-esteem, a strong sense of self and the ability to recognise and share a wide range of feelings with others in a constructive way. Make sure you take time for yourself and don’t neglect your emotional needs.
Your future health and wellbeing is in your hands. Understanding the importance of your health and actively making good choices in your physical and emotional wellbeing are all important parts of a healthy lifestyle. If necessary, seek out the professionals who can guide and assist you on your journey. It is a lifelong endeavour, so build a team of health experts who are committed to journeying with you.