Kylie is a New Zealand trained physiotherapist with 15 years of experience. She is a Titled APA Sports Physiotherapist. Her commitment to on-going learning and development is demonstrated by her Master’s degree in Sports Physiotherapy from La Trobe University. She also has a Bachelor of Physiotherapy and a Bachelor of Science (Majoring in Anatomy and Structural Biology) from the University of Otago, New Zealand.
Kylie has gained extensive experience in sport injury management, biomechanical retraining and exercise based rehabilitation through her many years work in New Zealand, Doha, South Australia and Melbourne.
Kylie’s personal sporting history in Running , Netball and Cross-fit combined with years of experience as a sports physiotherapist, underpins her understanding to not only her own health and wellbeing, but those of ambitious athletes with specific sporting aspirations.
Understanding the sport of cross-fit individualises Kylie’s skills as a sports physiotherapist. This unique experience has led her to work with regional level athletes.
Running is another passion and special interest of Kylie’s. Her achievements in this field have included completing Marathons in both New Zealand and Australia as well as several
half marathons and 10km distances. Working with runners to achieve optional strength and performance has led her to helping several runners overcome injury and go onto perform at an elite level.
Motivation and a passionate commitment to physiotherapy, Kylie believes in a holistic approach to health and wellness. She prides herself on working within an integrative health approach to help athletes achieve their goals, whatever they may be.
You will find Kylie running the streets of Melbourne, in the gym, hanging out with friends and family, shopping, travelling and of course in the clinic with her clients.
MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS
- Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Sports Medicine Australia
- Research Assistant at La Trobe Sport & Exercise Medicine Research Centre
- Sports injury management
- Running athlete including analysis/screening and biomechanical assessment
- Crossfit athlete screening assessment and injury management
- Overuse and Tendon based injuries.
- Elite athlete management and load monitoring
- Evidence based holistic diagnosis, education and rehabilitation
- Health and fitness
- Running/ Cross-fit
- Time with Friends and family
- Marathons: Dunedin, Auckland and Gold Coast
- Cross-fit open competitor
- Netball New Zealand