Telehealth – What can we do for you?
– Have you been carrying an injury over pre-season; do you have any niggles that just won’t go away?
– Are you worried that if you train you might make your injury worse?
– Are you currently training at home, but you don’t have a proper training program to follow? Have you run out of ideas for exercises that you can do at home without equipment?
– Are you confused about whether to do cardio and weights on the same day… which one should you do first?
– Have you been running more because you have more free time at the moment – but your body keeps breaking down?
If this sounds like you, then we have some good news. WE CAN HELP YOU – from the comfort of your own home
- Diagnose – believe it or not, in many cases we don’t need to see you face to face to be able to accurately diagnose your injury. Sure, for more complex injuries a face to face consult may be required. However, most injuries follow similar patterns, that allow us to have a fairly accurate idea of what is going on even without touching you.
- Education – we can advise you about the do’s and don’ts for your injury. Whilst nearly all injuries can still be trained to some extent, it’s important that you understand the things you can do, but more importantly the things you should avoid so that you don’t make your injury worse and recover as fast as possible.
- Load management – all of our physios and chiros have a background in sports and exercise science. We can guide you in how much you should be doing, and how quickly you should increase your workload to minimise the risk of injury.
- Home workouts – we have loads of different ways that you can train at home with minimal equipment. We have physios, chiros and exercise physiologists who all collaborate to come up with new and innovative ways to train to meet your goals.
- Running injuries – at SYSSM we have built a reputation of being somewhere to go if you have a running injury. We are all avid runners so any advice you get, you can be sure that we have practiced it ourselves – we know what works.
Other benefits might include:
– You can access allied health from the comfort of your own home
– Faster access to specialists
– Be empowered to learn how to manage your injury yourself – less reliance on others
– Reduced travel costs and travel time
– At SYSSM you will be integrated into a multidisciplinary team – we can easy refer to other specialists when necessary
– Less physical contact – greater social distancing
Like SYSSM on Facebook for more behind the scenes action from SYSSM.