Nicholas holds accreditations in both Exercise Physiology and Remedial Massage, and is passionate about the combination of the two disciplines, to develop a holistic approach to musculoskeletal concerns, enabling his patients to achieve a functionally strong and healthy body.
His interest in injury treatment and rehabilitation began in his teenage years, where he played a variety of sports and suffered from injuries that led him to numerous different treatment types to keep him playing. This sparked his interest in anatomy and physiology, leading to him undertaking his studies in the area.
His main area of interest is in elite athletes, musculoskeletal injuries and rehabilitation, where he combines exercise physiology into his skill set as a remedial massage therapist in order to provide a comprehensive and progressive approach to his patient’s individual needs.
Nicholas has 15 years of clinical massage experience. Within his massage treatments, Nicholas utilises a range of techniques including trigger point therapy, sports massage, dry-needling, stretching and relaxation massage. He endeavours to provide assistance wherever he can to aid his patients to reach their goals through both movement and massage.
- Bachelor of Exercise Physiology and Rehabilitation
- Bachelor of Applied Coaching and Exercise Science
- Diploma of Remedial Massage Therapy
- Myofascial Dry Needling course for Soft tissue Therapists
- ASCA Level 1 Strength and Conditioning coach
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Sports massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Dry-needling, Strength and Conditioning
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF) stretching and Relaxation massage
- Elite athletes
- Musculoskeletal injuries and rehabilitation
- Rugby league
MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS
- Massage and Myotherapy Australia (MMA) member
- ESSA member – Accredited Exercise Physiologist and Accredited Exercise Scientist
- AIS and ACTAS – 2009 – 2015
- Canberra Brumbies – 2014
- ACT Boxing Team – 2015 – 2016